Extract from NO GYM REQUIRED: UNLEASH YOUR INNER ROCK STAR
1. Walking Lunges
• How to:With a 5- to 8-pound free weight in each hand, start with feet together, and step forward with one leg out, bending the knee at a right angle, not quite touching the ground. Alternate legs and continue across a distance of at least 30 feet. Do not extend the knee forward past the ankle. This puts excessive and unnecessary strain on the knee. As an added benefit, lunges not only work the entire set of glutes, but it will develop a more beautifully defined pair of legs too.
• Rock Star muscle groups: Quads, glutes, hamstrings, abs/core
• Basic tools: Free weights
• Repetitions per set: Length of room (3 sets). Try for a minimum of 10.
• Level: Gold
• Variation: If you don’t have enough space, i.e., you’re in a hotel room, eliminate the walking element and lunge on the spot.